I’ve been ATTEMPTING to get healthy lately. Attempting is the key word here. I have to say I’m one of those people that gets all into working out and eating good for a week and then have a tendency to fall off. But I’ve been doing pretty good for a couple weeks now and am really trying to hang on to it. Sometimes it’s tough though trying to fit workouts in between Luke, work and household needs. Guess something is better than nothing, right?!
I was recently sent some AWESOME Colosseum workout apparel from SIX:02, a new athletic apparel store that just opened up in San Antonio at NorthStar Mall. I’m definitely planning a full blog post on them because they are fantastic! But here’s a pic to give you a little sneak peek. I think the top is too cute!
On a completely other note I have a recipe for you today! You know I actually used to really dislike coleslaw. But as I’ve grown older I’ve really started liking it! I discovered this spicy coleslaw recipe on Food.com and really like it. I like it so much I thought I’d share it with you!
- 3 cups green cabbage, leafy part only
- 2 cups red cabbage, leafy part only
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and membranes removed
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and membranes removed
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into very fine julienne
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh lime juice (to taste)
First cut up all of your veggies and combine in a large bowl.
Combine your chopped veggies and other ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
I’d be so grateful if you would add this recipe to your Pinterest board! Interested in another recipe from Mommy Tori? Try these AMAZING Sweet Tea Mojitos by clicking here.
This is my sTORI being written as you read. – Love, Mommy Tori