Most people like soup in the fall or winter but I’m kind of weird – I like soup all year round. Here is a delicious Rachael Ray recipe that was very easy and has awesome flavor. I really enjoyed the tang of the lime and the heat of the chiles. I hope you enjoy it too!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (Sidenote: The chiles were pretty spicy so you might want to reduce to one and then add more if you like)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 hass avocado, thinly sliced lengthwise into 12 pieces
- Crushed tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chipotles and adobo sauce, then stir in the chicken broth. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, skimming any foam.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 avocado slices in each of 6 soup bowls and pour in the soup. Top with the tortilla chips.