Eyebrows have been trending for a while now and if there is one thing I can admit it’s that I am NOT an eyebrow expert. Most of the time I forget to tweeze them and have absolutely no clue how to properly apply eyebrow pencil. Let’s face it… my eyebrows were a hot mess. But not any longer! Alex Lobos with Elite Eyebrows & Makeup has come to my rescue! Alex is the guru of eyebrows in San Antonio and I can’t speak highly enough about her services. In addition to getting my eyebrows back in shape she helped me learn all about how to get the perfect eyebrows and I’m sharing some of those tips today!
Elite Eyebrows offers everything you need for your eyebrows as well as makeup. For your eye brows Alex does:
- Eyebrow Rehab and Reshaping: Alex meticulously grooms your brows removing excess hair with threading, tweezing and trimming. Finally she teaches you proper makeup techniques for your brows.
- Brow and Lash Tinting: She dyes those “too light” hairs the perfect natural shade to help emphasize your brows. She can also do lashes as well.
- Facial Threading: In addition to eyebrow threading she also offers full facial threading as well.
- Makeup: Have a special event coming up? Her makeup services will have you looking your best for your special day!
Now let’s talk about those tips that I learned from Alex for how to get the perfect eyebrows.
1. Have blonde or light eyebrows? Try tinting them!
I have really blonde eyebrows and lashes and frequently it makes my eyebrows look thin because you just can’t see all the hair. Alex dyed my eyebrows a few shades darker and it made such a difference! I actually had much fuller eyebrows than I ever knew. The tint only takes a couple minutes and lasts 3-6 weeks.
2. Sensitive skin? Try threading.
I despise tweezing my eyebrows! I like to think I’m good with pain but tweezing is literally torture! When Alex tweezed my eyebrows it actually didn’t hurt but the threading was the best! It didn’t hurt my sensitive skin at all.
3. Use guidelines to shape your brows.
One of the neat things I learn from Alex is guidelines for where my eyebrows should start and end. Take a thin makeup brush and hold it vertically from the middle of each nostril straight upwards. THAT is where your eyebrow should begin. Now rotate the pencil holding it’s spot in the center of your nostril to line up along your outer eye. THAT is where your eyebrow should end.
4. To finish… pencil in and use an eyebrow gel.
Now that your eyebrows are shaped it’s time to fill them in. Use an eyebrow pencil the shade of your eyebrows and lightly feather in over those missing areas in tiny, short strokes. DO NOT just color in the entire eyebrow. Finally comb through with a clear eyebrow gel to set them.
Alex now has two locations! The first is in Alamo Heights at sloan/hall (5424 Broadway St. San Antonio, TX 78209) and the second is further north at Smooth Lines Salon in The Strand at Huebner Oaks (11255 Huebner Rd, #113. San Antonio, TX 78230).
Now it’s time for a close-up of my before and afters!
I love how my brows turned out and know you will love Alex as well! To learn more about Elite Eyebrows & Makeup click here.
Photography Provided By:
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post. All opinions expressed here are my own.