I was so enthralled with the feather neck piece below that I had to do an Etsy Enamourment around the color black (quite the opposite from last week with pretty much the rainbow bouncing off the blog). But don’t let the color black make you think of somberness – I’m looking at it as chic, sophisticated and mysterious!
Entries from September 30th, 2011
Friday, September 30, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Got another easy, delicious recipe for you ladies! This recipe has only four ingredients and when people eat it they will never believe how easy it was to make!
This recipe is courtesy of Real Simple magazine.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
6 ice cream sandwiches
1/2 cup chocolate chips, chopped
- Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. (Don’t know what the heck stiff peaks means? That’s ok, I didn’t either. Here’s a tutorial. Watch out – I did over beat mine the first time and basically started making butter!)
- In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream. I recommend saving a bit of whipped cream to cover the sides of the cake when you take out of the pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter and discard the paper. This is where I recommend using the extra whipped cream on the sides of the cake to make it pretty. You might want to freeze it a bit longer once this is added.
Friday, September 23, 2011
This edition of “Etsy Enamourment” is inspired by my beautiful friend, Kelly. She thought I should find bright items to share with my readers – so here ya go! I hope this post brightens your weekend!
Friday, September 16, 2011
I recently discovered this amazing mother and daughter company on Etsy that make the cutest homemade footwear and accessories for babies. The items are very affordable and combine ”traditional cobbling and sewing techniques with a modern and clean aesthetic.”
I love their unique “Ooii” sandals that are perfect for crawlers as they don’t have footbeds. Their “Bijou” baby booties are also too cute for words.
Learn more about Zuzii by clicking here.