I pretty much love any reason to wear sparkle but for New Year’s Eve I think it’s a MUST! The more sparkle the better actually! Start 2016 on a shiny note with this sparkly New Year’s Eve makeup tutorial featuring cosmetics from Urban Decay.
I have been a long-time fan of Urban Decay (particularly their famous Naked Eyeshadow Palettes which is one of my favorite palettes ever). I love their cosmetic collection which contains a wide variety of foundations, eye shadows, lipsticks and so much more. But what makes them different is that they have EDGE. They have a a wide color palette for more natural looks to stand-out, statement looks (there is something for everyone).
I recently received a selection from their Holiday 2015 collection and have been having so much fun experimenting with them. Let me tell you…it’s all about the SPARKLE! Today I’m going to show you how to do a smoky, silver statement eye with a bright, festive red lip. This is a look that is perfect for NYE but also for a night out on the town.
- Urban Decay ‘Naked Skin’ Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup
- Urban Decay ‘Naked Skin’ Weightless Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder
- Urban Decay ‘Naked Flushed’ Bronzer, Highlighter and Blush Palette
- Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadows in Cosmic, Moonspoon and Scorpio
- Urban Decay Glam Rock Eye Liner
- Urban Decay Glitter Dip False Lashes
- Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer
- Urban Decay Sheer F-Bomb Lipstick
- Apply your moisturizer and primer to prep your face.
- I recommend starting with your eyes so that you don’t mess up any of your other makeup if you have eye shadow that falls. To get started apply Urban Decay’s Cosmic eye shadow across the entire lid as your base color. We are going to gradually build over the shadows to create that 3-D look I mentioned above. You can apply this shadow with a brush but Urban Decay recommends applying it with your fingers.
- Once you have applied Cosmic across the lid now apply Moonspoon from the lash line to just above the crease of your eye.
- To create a smoky effect take the Scorpio eye shadow and apply it on the outer part of the eye in a cat eye effect and in to the crease. You can build the color as dark as you like.
- Now let’s really get the sparkle going! Take your Urban Decay Glam Rock Eye Liner and liberally apply it across your upper lash line and across your lid. I actually dabbed mine across the lid to get a heavier layer of glitter. You can even put some in the inner eye as well.
- Now apply those amazing Glitter Dip False Lashes.
- Now that your eyes are complete clean up any eye shadow that has fallen and apply your foundation and power across your face.
- Using Urban Decay’s Highlighter palette add a light amount of contouring on your face. You don’t need a lot since you are doing a heavy eye and lip. To do this use an angled brush to add a bit of bronzer across the line directly below your cheekbone (where your cheek indents a bit) and then carry it up around your hairline (basically where the sun would normally fall). Then add a tad bit along the outer edge of your nose. Use a beauty blender to blend everything in and make sure there are no harsh lines.
- Using the same palette take your brush and add a light amount of blush from the apple of your cheek and up your cheek bone. Again, remember to keep it fairly light – you just want to add a touch of color.
- Now take another brush and add a bit of highlighter across your upper cheekbones, over the bridge of your nose and on the cupid’s bow of your lip.
- Now it’s time to get those lips ready for a kiss at midnight! Apply your F-Bomb lipstick for the finishing touch!
With this tutorial it’s very focused around a sparkly eye using Urban Decay’s Moondust shadows. I can’t tell you how AWESOME they are! They feel like a cream but apply like a powder. They have an incredible microfine sparkle with a 3-D effect as you build them.
Shop This Post:
Photography Provided By:
Disclaimer: I received the makeup featured in this post from Urban Decay. All opinions expressed here are my own.