The countdown has officially begun! It’s one more week until the start of school. Luke’s heading in to first grade in a new school and Foster is headed to PK-1! I can’t believe how fast the summer has gone and can’t help but wish we had just a little bit more time. For the last couple of weeks I’ve really been trying to make the days extra special and one of my boys favorite things to do is cook and one of their favorite things to eat is ice cream so how about we combine the two!
Central Market just started carrying a delicious ORGANIC ice cream called Snoqualmie Organic so I called up sTORIbook Food & Beverage Contributor, Josie Rees, she grabbed up a bunch of flavors and we headed to the kitchen to make ice cream cookie sandwiches!
- Snoqualmie Organic Ice Cream flavors of your choice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1/2 cup(s) all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp salt
- 20 Oz Organic Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl, beat in eggs.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 3 separate batches, combining thoroughly each time.
- Add chocolate chips once flour is completely mixed through. Roll into 1 inch balls, place on baking pan and flatten slightly. Cook for 11 ‑ 12 minutes, or until golden brown and still soft.
- Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
- Once cooled add a scoop of Snoqualmie Organic Ice Cream on a cookie and add another cookie over to form a sandwich.
- EAT AND ENJOY!!
This is a great recipe because it’s so easy for the kids to join in. And let me tell you more about this fantastic ice cream. First of all – it’s delicious and second I love that it’s ORGANIC! Snoqualmie Ice Cream is a family-owned company in Snohomish, Washington. Their ice cream is made with with extra cream, lots of eggs and very little air which creates a rich, velvety ice cream.
I loved learning more about this family that truly takes pride in the product we are feeding our families. They use the absolute best ingredients (including local when possible) and their milk and cream is always from family owned farms.
They also believe in taking care of the environment. I was interested to learn that their site has zero run-off (meaning they use rainwater for irrigation). Additionally, they also use solar panels and other energy efficient equipment. And they are always looking for ways to improve!
We went ahead and grabbed all 7 of Snoqualmie’s organic pints which flavors are: Chocolate, Vanilla, Mixed Berry, Cookies n’ Cream, Salty Caramel, Lavender and Mint Chip. For our ice cream sandwich cookies the boys decided to use vanilla and Cookies n’ Cream but you can choose which ever flavor you want.
I hope everyone has a wonderful back to school and enjoys these tasty treats! Be sure to stop by your local Central Market to try this amazing organic ice cream!
To learn more about Snoqualmie Organic Ice Cream click here.
Disclosure: I received compensation for this post. All opinions expressed here are my own.