I’m honored to have one of the Queens of Crafting on my blog today…Haeley Giambalvo From Design Improvised. Haeley is incredibly talented and has been featured on Martha Stewart, Better Homes & Gardens, Good Housekeeping, Country Living, Readers Digest, and many more national publications! Today she has a special DIY perfect for sTORIbook readers… DIY Confetti Makeup Trays! And don’t forget to visit her blog for more crafting fabulous as well as follow her on Instagram.
Hello! I’m Haeley from Design Improvised blog where I create simple home decor and holiday projects that make a big impact. I particularly love using inexpensive, everyday materials in fresh and modern ways, and I’m excited to share one of my latest projects with you today. I’m giving a big dose of sparkle and fun to acrylic trays from the Target Dollar Spot!
For a little over $1 a piece you can have these pretty trays to display your makeup, jewelry, or even office supplies! Here’s all you need:
Supplies for Confetti Trays
- Acrylic tray with lid (I found mine at the Target Dollar Spot – such a deal!)
- Mylar confetti
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
How to Make Confetti Tray:
1. Add an even layer of Mod Podge to the bottom of your tray with a foam brush.
2. Take a handful of confetti and press it into the Mod Podge. Gently shake off the excess and let dry.
3. Repeat with another coat of Mod Podge (on top of the first layer of confetti) and another layer of confetti to cover any gaps. Shake off excess. Once dry, you can trim any confetti hanging over the edges of the tray with scissors.
4. Finish by setting the tray in the accompanying lid. This will protect the confetti and prevent any from rubbing off. Now, start adding your favorite things!
These would make great gifts for girlfriends. Who wouldn’t love something covered in confetti?! And since you’ll likely have a lot of confetti left over, I recommend you use it making my confetti covered balloons!
And don’t forget to pin the below image!