sTORIbook Food & Beverage Editor, Josie Rees, and I have been at it in the kitchen again! We are two gals who have a true appreciation of good food and good company and have the perfect recipe for both! I’m a huge fan of spicy food and my fridge looks practically like the condiment aisle at the grocery store. I love trying out new hot sauces particularly and recently had the opportunity to try out Chilito’s Spicy Kika’s Sauce available at H-E-B. It’s super creamy, bold and delicious so I had to call up Josie so we could have some fun in the kitchen with it! And I’m glad I did because we have an amazing dish for you… it’s a Chilito’s Spicy Shakshuka Recipe! It’s super yummy AND easy – perfect for your next brunch!
In case you are wondering what Shakshuka is… it’s a popular dish originally from the Middle East and North Africa and features eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, and onions, often spiced with cumin. Chilito’s works perfectly with the other ingredients in the dish.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 jar of tomato sauce, 28oz.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp Chilito’s Spicy Kika’s Sauce (the also offer a mild option here)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs
- chopped basil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic for about 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Pour in tomato sauce, Chilito’s spicy sauce and spices.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Lower heat to medium-low and slowly crack in the eggs one by one.
- Let the eggs sit for 5-6 minutes while they cook.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in basil and cheese.
For even more spice – pour some Chilito’s on top! It’s also delicious on chicken, steak, enchiladas, chips, salads and so much more!
We hope you enjoy our new sTORIbook Kitchen recipe featuring Chilito’s Kika’s Sauce! Be sure to follow Chilito’s on social media below! You can find Chilito’s at your local H-E-B or use their “Sauce Finder” to locate it near you: bit.ly/kikasauce
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ChilitosExpress/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/chilitosexpress/
Photography Provided By:
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post. All opinions expressed here are my own.