sTORIbook readers might cherish their fashion but we also LOVE our food! You know the other thing us chic gals ADORE… WINE! Whenever I’m looking for a recipe if I find one that requires wine it’s an immediate winner. My cooking basically goes something like this… Open the wine, pour me a glass, pour a little wine in to the recipe, pour a little wine in my glass, pour a little more in the recipe… and so on it goes. And you know what makes all that even better… friends! My sweet friend, Josie Rees of Sweet Josephine’s, happens to be an amazing cook, baker and all things culinary expert. I was so excited when we had the opportunity to work on a recipe post together with all my favorite things! I fully warned her that I’m not the best cook but I am pretty awesome with a slow cooker. So guess what she did! She came up with this super amazing Slow Cooker Red Wine Brisket Recipe! So get out the Crock Pot lovelies and grab a bottle (or two) of Llano Estacado Signature Red and let’s get cooking (and sipping)!
- 3 lb. beef brisket
- cooking oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 ¼ cup Llano Estacado Signature Red Wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 sliced red onion
- 3 cups peeled and cut carrots
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5-quart or larger
1. Start by combining beef broth, tomato sauce, wine, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and garlic to the slow cooker. Stir until combined.
In the recipe we used Llano Estacado’s 2015 Texas Signature Red Meritage. It is a blend of the following Bordeaux varieties; Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot and Petite Verdot. One of the great things I love about it is it’s a Texas wine! It is a blend of wines made from grapes of the Mont Sec and Carpenter Vineyards of Far West Texas and Reddy and Newsom Vineyards of the Texas High Plains. It has a medium body with aromas of cherry and plum.
2. On the stove-top, place a skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the Brisket on all sides.
3. Add the brisket into the sauce in the slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle over the onions, and carrots.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Add one more hour if you want the meat extra tender.
6. When the cooking time is done. Remove the brisket on to a cutting board, slice or shred. Place back into the slow cooker and reheat on warm when ready to serve.
7. Serve the beef, carrots and sauce over mashed potatoes.
Llano Estacado (located in Lubbock, TX) is the largest, best-selling Premium Winery in Texas and has been an ongoing pioneer in introducing not just Texans, but also the entire world to the great wines made in the Lone Star State. The winery produces approximately 50 varietals of wine, including the award-winning 2013 THP Montepulciano. The winery also hosts a variety of events in its tasting room and event center, including weddings, corporate parties and intimate gatherings. Llano Estacado wines are available for purchase statewide at your local retailer, or online at www.llanowine.com.
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post. All opinions expressed here are my own.