To me the ultimate layering piece for fall and winter is the faux fur vest. So much so that Daddy Russ exclaimed the other day, “Are you wearing that vest again?!” Haha! I just can’t help it – they really are a go-to for me this time of year. Not only do they keep you warm but they also lend to a polished, elevated look.
I know a lot of women (particularly in Texas) who are a little standoffish from a faux fur vest. They don’t know how to wear them. Worry they are too hot or think they are too expensive. Well, I’m hear to give you all the tips for how to wear a faux fur vest! Today I’m wearing this super fun vest from CoffeeShop Coats. I previously featured CoffeeShop when I was preggers and styled an uber-cool camo jacket of theirs (see here). I’m so bummed to say that they’ve sold out of this vest because it’s so fabulous but I’ve picked a couple more pieces from them that I’d love to have in my closet that you can see at the bottom of this post. Additionally, they’ve graciously provided a DISCOUNT CODE for sTORIbook readers so now is a great time to get those Christmas gifts! DISCOUNT CODE: STORIBOOK20
- Select a vest that ends at a thinner area of your body. For example, if you have curves like me I prefer a longer vest that ends right past my hips. Cropped vests can also work on most bodies but I recommend wearing a longer blouse underneath it (again that ends at a thinner part of your body).
- Faux furs add larger proportions to your upper body, therefore, you want to keep your other clothing items more fitted to prevent adding too much bulk to your frame.
- To emphasize your waistline belt the vest with a thin belt.
- Remember, the vest is your wow factors. Therefore, don’t wear a lot of other loud pieces or jewelry. I especially recommend NOT wearing a faux fur with another fur piece otherwise you can easily over do it. For example, don’t wear a faux fur vest with fur boots.
- Have fun with colors and patterns! There are so many neat faux furs out there now!
As you can see, today’s outfit incorporates many of my style tips above. I paired my CoffeeShop vest with a fitted black blouse and jeans so that my frame was minimized. I also wore a pair of suede boots which dressed the look up a bit but still kept it relatively casual. If your vest is “fluffier” I recommend wearing your hair up in a top knot or bun to give a more polished look.
Click on the below to shop:
DISCOUNT CODE: STORIBOOK20
Photography Provided By:
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post. All opinions expressed here are my own.