I’m so excited to have a special (and yummy) guest post today from someone I love very much…my sister, Meagan Kotzur!
Nothing screams spring, summer, winter and even fall in Texas like a warm batch of homemade Apple Cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! I’m a working mom with a 4-month-old son and three furry humans (two dogs…and the other being my husband, hehe) to be responsible for and sometimes there just isn’t a whole lot of time left in the day to get to my favorite meal…dessert. So I went on a mission to find a quick recipe that I could prep in under 20 minutes, was fool proof for my baby ravaged brain, and actually tasted as good (if not better) than the kind you get in a restaurant. Enjoy!
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. cinnamon
3 pinches of nutmeg
½ tsp. allspice
¼ cup water
2 tsp. butter
5 Large Granny Smith apples, sliced or diced (whichever is preferred) (or 5 cups)
½ tsp. grated lemon peel
¼ c. milk
¼ c. sugar
2 tbsp. butter, melted
Prep Time: 15-20 mins
Bake Time: 35 to 40 mins
- In a sauce pan, blend sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until contents has melted. Remove from heat.
- Cut Granny Smith Apples and carefully remove apple core.
- Add butter, apples and lemon peel to sauce pan and stir until apples are evenly coated. Pour filling into a buttered baking dish of choice.
- Mix bisquick with milk, sugar and melted butter until well combined. Drop by spoonfuls on top of apple mixture and spread until top of all the filling is covered.
- Depending on the surface area of the dish recipe may call for doubling the Topping ingredients in order to cover the entire filling.
- Bake at 350 F (175 C) for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Best served warm fresh out of the oven with vanilla ice cream!
This is my sTORI being written as you read. – Love, Tori