I have really been changing my eating habits (accept for when we were on our ski trip which doesn’t count). I’ve been looking for recipes that are healthier, lower calorie and packed full of goodness! This was one of those recipes that really hit the spot and I think you’ll enjoy it too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12-ounce package sausage (optional: use chicken sausage to cut calories)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch kale leaves, chopped in to smaller pieces
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 loaf crusty bread (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring once, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the beans, broth, and tomatoes and their liquid and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the bread, if using.
This is my sTORI being written as you read. – Love, Mommy Tori