As many of you know I’m from a small Texas farm and ranch family. One of the things this means is that I was pretty much raised on biscuits. In my family, biscuits were a staple to pretty much every meal regardless of the time of day. I can remember being little, spending summers with my grandparents. I’d get up early with my Papa and feed cattle, check fences among a variety of other “rancher” duties. When it got close to noon we’d head back in to town and you can guarantee as soon as we walked through that door my Nannie would be pulling steaming hot biscuits out of the oven!
Now that I’m a mom I’ve definitely continued to pass along my love of biscuits to my family. Since I’m a working mom I am frequently in a rush with meals (particularly during back-to-school time) so I’m always on the lookout for the easiest possible recipes. When I discovered Pillsbury Grands! Barbeque Cups recipe I was elated…this is exactly the type of meal that will get me a thumbs up from my south Texas hubby and growing toddler!
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, mix cooked beef and barbecue sauce. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot.
- 2 Pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers; press each into 4-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 1/4-inch rim. Fill with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3 Bake at 375°F 13 to 15 minutes or until edges of biscuits are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
I made the above recipe super fast! Toddler Luke even helped smash the biscuits before we placed them in the muffin tin. I had a extra can of biscuits so I went ahead and threw them in a cast iron skillet so now I have breakfast ready too!
Interested in getting this recipe and many others from Pillsbury? Just click here to download their yummy recipe booklet! Don’t forget to share the Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits recipe you are most excited to try!
This is my sTORI being written as you read. – Love, Mommy Tori
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.