Recently one of my amazing clients, Acorn Pediatrics of San Antonio, filmed a segment on WOAI San Antonio Living morning show regarding Pinterest activities for children. To prep for the show I made all these fun DIYs and hosted a photo shoot with my neighbor’s adorable little girl! I bet you’ll like this one! It’s a DIY Time Out Jar!
Toddler Luke is still a little young for Time Out but we’ve definitely already started the “concept.” When he starts throwing a fit we’ll take him in to his “cry room” (the front office) and set him down to finish. My awesome friend, Natalie, is the one who introduced me to the cry room idea.
- Mason Jar
- Glitter Glue
- Super Glue
- Let child choose color of their time out jar
- Fill jar with hot water. The water needs to be hot to melt the glue
- Add full tube of glitter glue (approx. 2 tbsp.)
- Add 1 tbsp. of glitter
- Use wisk to mix materials thoroughly
- Super glue lid to jar
- Make sure the water has cooled and the glue is sealed before giving to child
- Shake and enjoy some quiet time!
Don’t forget to add this DIY to your Pinterest!
As always, if you make a Time Out Jar I’d love to see pictures!
This is my sTORI being written as you read. – Love, Mommy Tori