Introducing Luke in his DIY Davy Crockett costume! We had such a wonderful 1st Halloween with Luke and friends! We went to some friends’ house who had a full Halloween set-up including pulling around all of us on a flat bed trailer through the neighborhood so the kids could trick-or-treat!
Luke had a great time riding on the trailer all bundled up. One of the best times during the night was Luke seeing a balloon for the first time. He kicked, screamed and laughed for over 30 minutes – just mesmerized by the balloon.
Davy Crockett Costume DIY
So pretty much since Luke was born I’ve been trying to think of a good costume for Halloween. I knew I really wanted to make something but just wasn’t sure what to do. Well, I lucked out and just happened to come across an adorable coonskin hat at Gymboree on sale for $6! And that gave me the perfect idea! Luke could be Davy Crockett! I loved the idea because I’m related to Davy Crockett through my dad’s side of the family, additionally, Daddy Russ LOVED Davy Crockett when he was younger!
The costume was actually very easy and affordable to make! The cost of the entire costume (including hat) was $23.22! Can’t beat that!
- Brown turtle neck shirt (you can buy shirt and pants at Walmart)
- Matching brown sweat pants
- 3 feet of fringe
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Coonskin Hat
- Take the turtle neck and cut the neck straight down the front center to create a collared shirt.
- Step may not be needed. Luke’s shirt and pants were a bit too long so I measured and cut off the excess fabric on the shirt’s arms and pant legs to make them fit better.
- Measure the fringe to the pant leg, cut and glue to the outside of each leg.
- Repeat the same steps with the fringe on each side of the shirt, around the collar and across the chest.
- And that’s all!!
This is my sTORI being written as you read. – Love, Mommy Tori