The holidays have had me running a bit behind on my posts so bare with me as I catch up a bit. Luke’s first Thanksgiving was packed with excitement and fun! On Thanksgiving Day we went to Mamaw and Pawpaw’s for turkey. Then the day after Thanksgiving Daddy Russ and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house for Papa Daddy, Gigi, Papaw and Grammy! He had so much fun and was surrounded with love!
This is my sTORI being written as you read. – Love, Mommy Tori
For Thanksgiving Day we had TWO turkeys! One that we ate and Luke was the other one! He was dressed in a precious Turkey Onesie that I made the night before!
Turkey Onesie How To:
- Brown Onesie
- Felt Squares (red, orange, yellow, blue, green)
- Wiggly Eyes
- Fabric Glue
- Fabric Pen
- Cut a shape in your cardstock shaped like a feather to use as a stencil.
- With your fabric pen and your feather stencil, trace a feather on each of your felts and cut out.
- Glue your felt feathers on the back of the onesie so it looks like a turkey tail.
- Cut a triangle out of the orange felt for a beak.
- Using the red felt to cut a waddle (the red thing that hangs from a turkey beak).
- On the front of the onesie, glue the waddle and beak down. Make sure the beak is on top of the waddle.
- Glue the eyes above the beak.
- Allow the glue on the onesie to dry before putting it on your baby.
- Note: If you have a thin onesie you may want to put a piece of cardboard inside the onesie so you don’t accidentally glue it together!